Pride in Tulsa!
Tulsa Pride is the longest running Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride festival in Oklahoma. Tulsa Pride will be celebrating its 31st year with a whole weekend of pride, with the Tulsa Pride Parade, Tulsa Pride Street Festival, and the Picnic in the Park.
WHEN is Tulsa Pride?
- June is LGBT Pride Month worldwide
- The Tulsa Pride Parade and Street Festival will be held on June 1st 2013.
- Picnic in the Park will be held on June 2nd, 2013.
- Additional smaller events are held in the weeks preceding Tulsa Pride to support the festival.
- The Tulsa Pride Parade is the annual Gay Pride Parade in Tulsa.
- The Parade route runs from the Brady Arts District, through the Blue Dome District, and ends in the East Village at the Dennis R Neill Equality Center.
- The Tulsa Pride Parade’s arrival at the Dennis R Neill Equality Center kicks off our Street Festival’s rocking evening of entertainment on the Main Stage.
- The Tulsa Pride Street Festival is Tulsa’s Annual Pride Festival.
- The Street Festival begins in the afternoon and runs until late in the evening.
- The Street Festival will have several food vendors to provide dining at the event.
- The Street Festival will have exhibitors from all different types of organizations who support the LGBT community in Tulsa.
- The Street Festival Main Stage will have a non-stop string of entertainment. Various Acts including Folk, Rock, DJs, and Drag will keep the party going.
- The Street Festival will have a beer garden tent with misters to keep you cool.
- Pride in the Park is our Family Picnic at Centennial Park in Tulsa.
- There will be no vendors or exhibitors at Pride in the Park.
- Pride in the Park welcomes canopies, ice chests, food, leashed dogs, games, and family fun.
HOW can I get involved in Tulsa Pride?
- You can attend a Tulsa Pride Planning Committee Meeting, held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 7:30 PM at the Dennis R Neill Equality Center, 621 E 4th St, Tulsa, Ok.
- You can be an Exhibitor or Food Vendor at Tulsa Pride 2012.
- You can be part of a Parade entry in the Tulsa Pride Parade.
- You can volunteer on the day of Pride or at any of the events leading up to Pride.
- You can come and watch the Parade and party at the Street Festival.
- You can bring your ice chest, your snacks, and your dog to Pride in the Park.
HOW can I support Tulsa Pride?
- Help Spread the word about Tulsa Pride by sharing our Facebook Page with all of your friends and family.
- Tulsa Pride is a non-profit organization, and gladly accepts donations.
- Personal and Business donations are welcomed.
- Tulsa Pride offers benefits to those persons and businesses who donate. See our Partnership page for details.
HOW can I contact Tulsa Pride?
- Pride Director, Patrick French – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Fitzgerald – email@example.com
- Logistics Coordinator, Vendors and Exhibitors, Angela Sivadon – firstname.lastname@example.org
- General inquiries, email@example.com
WHO makes Tulsa Pride happen?
Tulsa Pride is a registered trademark of Oklahomans for Equality (OkEq), a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization. Our mission is to seek equal rights for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) individuals and families through advocacy, education, programs, alliances, and the operation of the Dennis R. Neill Equality Center. OkEq is a member of the Tulsa Metro Chamber of Commerce, and a member of the Oklahoma Center for Non-Profit Management.
Tulsa Pride is run by an all-volunteer committee and funded by sponsorships, donations, and sales generated by Tulsa Pride. Tulsa Pride itself is a not-for-profit event. All funds generated for the support of Tulsa Pride go directly to the event itself, not to salaried staff or other programs.